Everything you need to know about Gua Sha
Natural alternatives to cosmetic surgeries, fillers or botox injections are gem-based tools that aim to boost skin blood circulation by massaging it and to flush out toxins to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. After the Dermrollers and Jade Rollers, this is the new skicare massage tool everyone is talking about: The Gua Sha.
What is Gua Sha?
It is a curative technique made of pink quartz that stimulates skin layers, reduce puffiness, promotes anti-aging, and helps in lymphatic drainage.
It is a handy design sculpted to suit faces’ various shapes and features to massage the skin comfortably. You can use it anywhere and take it wherever you go as you can easily carry it in your handbag.
Gua Sha Benefits
The Gua Sha provides you with many benefits to get rid of skin’s common problems, as it stimulates lymph tissue, promotes blood circulation, and reaches the skin roots that ordinary products usually cannot reach. These are Gua sha’s benefits:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Tightens your facial muscles naturally, including sagging cheeks, eyelids and jaws
- Unifies skin color
- Nourishes the skin deeply by absorbing better nourishing oils and skincare products.
- Reduces puffiness, especially under the eyes area
- Boosts skin collagen production
- Improves elasticity, in addition to smoothing and reducing scars on the skin
- Provides the skin with oxygen and stimulates the tissues
- Lightens the skin, including age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Reduces acne
The Illumina Beauty Gua Sha Facial Tool
How to use Gua Sha
To properly massage the face with Gua Sha, you must start from the neck and move towards the forehead. This way, you define a clear pathway for the fluids in your face to drain. Follow the steps:
- Prepare your skin with a face spray and oil
- Start at the neck and move your way up to the forehead
- Use upward and outward movements on the neck, jawline, chin and mouth area
- Also, pass it over the cheeks and gently press under the eyes and the eyebrows
- End with upwards movement on the forehead all the way to the hairline.
The Best Gua Sha tool
When choosing a Gua Sha face massage tool, make sure to pick one designed with pink quartz rather than acrylic, in order to benefit from the healing properties of the gemstone on the skin. Here are some Gua Sha tools made out of pink quartz:
Rose Quartz Gua Sha HERBIVORE
Rosejoice Pink Rose Quartz Gua Sha Board
Odacité Crystal Contour Gua Sha