Split Pea Soup with Garlicky Croutons
Split pea soup with croutons: a delicious and comforting recipe.
Type of dish: soup (main)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 150 g green split peas
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cl of crème fraiche
- 45 g garlic bread croutons
- Peel and slice the onion and carrots.
- In a large saucepan (or pressure cooker), pour the split peas, onion, carrots, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover with a liter of cold water and cook for 45 minutes (20 minutes in a pressure cooker).
- At the end of cooking, remove the thyme and bay leaf and then mix the whole with their cooking juice.
- Season and add 10 cl of fresh cream and croutons rubbed with garlic at the time of serving (count about 1 baguette for 4 people).